CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

I have decided to get smarter...day by day...

I was thinking of what to post today and I have decided to add yet another thing to my side bar! I am going to do a dictonary word of the day so we can all learn alot of new words! If you are like me, I put a little dot in the dictonary next to whatever words I look up. I know, I know...BIG NERD!

Today's Word...

Word of the Day
Thursday August 2, 2007

brackish \BRAK-ish\, adjective:
1. Somewhat salty.
2. Distasteful; unpalatable.

I gagged, and tasted something metallic and brackish in the back of my throat.
-- Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkins, It's Not About the Bike

Brackish derives from Dutch brak, "salty." It is especially used to describe a mixture of seawater and fresh water.

If you feel moved enough to use it in a sentace to increase your understanding of the day's word, feel free to add it as a comment to the day's post. After today, it will be in the sidebar, but I would love to hear your interpretations of the word as well. Happy Learning!

2 comments:

Britttany said...

this is a great idea heather... you need to become smarter! ha-ha.... j/k.

HappyHadges said...

WHATEVER TERD!!